WELCOME TO GOVERNOR'S HARBOUR!
A Brief History
- Settled in 1648 and originally named Colebrooke Town by the Eleuthera Adventurers from Bermuda
- Governor's Harbour is located near the center of Eleuthera Island, the first permanent New World settlement by the Europeans
Things to do and Visit at Governor's Harbour
- Cupids Cay and the Wesley Methodist Church are beautiful, historic landmarks that always draw tourists in all seasons
- Burrows Grocery is a must stop for tourists of Governor's Harbour - stock up on food, liquor, hardware, and anything else you might need during your stay!
Restaurants and Entertainment
- The Buccaneer's Club and Pina Cafe are great lunch spots that feature island specialities such as fish & chips and conch salad, as well a wide variety of alcoholic beverages.
- Sunset Inn and Tippy's are the places to be for dinner at Governor's Harbour! With classic Italian speciality dishes and great mixed drinks, you'll be sure to find whatever you're looking for at these spots!
Phone: 717.270.1648 Mobile: 717.304.2539